Capacity regulation in compressed air systems is one of the most common problems encountered in industrial and manufacturing facilities. In many cases, compressor systems maintain too much capacity online to both prevent pressure dropping below peak levels and to satisfy peak demands. This excess capacity is not always needed, and because of it, many of these systems waste compression energy.
Since the cost of compressed air can be up to 10 times as much as electricity, this can prove extremely costly for industrial facilities and manufacturers. Adding to this problem is the fact that differences in pressure set points, pressure dead-bands and pressure losses make it almost impossible to coordinate multiple compressors for optimal compressed air energy efficiency.
CAMLink™ systems eliminate this problem by coordinating all compressors in CAMLink™ automation mode. CAMLink™ compressed air automation systems monitor changes in the supply and plant pressures to 0.01 PSI and quickly respond to the rate of pressure change by either adding or removing compression capacity. The minimum number of compressors are used to trim the demand changes. The CAMLink™ system controls the unloaded cool-down time and stops the compressor as fewer compressors are needed. This provides for better regulation of capacity and prevents wasted compression.
Two Options for Small to Medium Size Systems for Optimal Compressed Air Management
Facility managers and engineers have two options when it comes to managing the efficiency of their compressed air systems through the CAMLink™ platform —CAMLink™ Mini or CAMLink™ Advanced. Both offer superior control and efficiency for optimizing compressed air systems, and make an impact on an industrial facility’s energy savings.
CAMLink™ Mini is designed to support up to six compressors. It has the flexibility to support the CAM Demand Expander™ along with other measuring devices. CAMLink™ Advanced also supports centrifugals and Modbus interfaces, and introduces advanced compressor management logic.
Both systems automatically adjust the number of compressors running or loading to meet a facility’s current air demands. Fixed or automatic rotation is available with all CAMLink™ systems depending on a facility’s installed horsepower.
Benefits of Utilizing CAMLink™ in Your Facility
The features and benefits the CAMLink™ system offers to plant operators include:
- Allen Bradley Micrologix PLC-based — non-proprietary and easily supported
- 5.7” Allen Bradley Panelview Plus 7 HMI operator interface
- Automation of up to six compressors, even different brands
- Capabilities to interface with dryers, Demand Expander™, flow meter, and dew-point monitors and miscellaneous alarm inputs
- Single-band pressure control
- Controls rotary screw, reciprocating and centrifugal (CAMLink™ Advanced only) compressors
- 24/7 CAMLink™ Online Service – system data collection and analytics
- 24/7 automated system monitoring and notifications of alarms and preventative maintenance indicators
- Secure client remote access
- Extended warranty on all control components
- Remote training courses for new employees
- Remote support for CAM Technologies engineers
Don’t let wasted capacity hurt the efficiency of your compressed air system. Gain control of your compressed air system and operate much more efficiently with CAMLink™ Mini or CAMLink™ Advanced.
Contact CAM Technologies today to learn more.